Saturday, January 2, 2010

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

I'd like to wish all of you a happy and prosperous New Year! Ain't it grand that 2009 is finally over! In 2010 we'll be bringing you Volumes 7 and 8 of On Stage, the third volume of Juliet Jones dailies, and the first volume of John Cullen Murphy's Big Ben Bolt dailies, with an introduction from Murphy's son, Cullen.

We've also begun putting together the first volume of Jose Luis Salinas' The Cisco Kid. The Introduction for Volume 1 will be by Sergio Aragones!

I've also been thinking a lot about what I want to do with this blog. Beginning now I'm going to open it up a bit, talk about things that interest me, review a book or two, perhaps introduce a few of you to some new and interesting art.

Speaking of interesting art:

If any of you have read the credits for almost all the books published by Classic Comics Press you will have noticed the name Dominic Bugatto. Dom has the honor of taking Leonard's mockups for the On Stage books and cleaning them up a bit (to Leonard's specs). At one point Dominic mentioned he felt working with Leonard's image was like polishing the lens of David Lean.

He's also helped me with the covers for the Jones book, and did a marvelous cover for the upcoming Big Ben Bolt:


At some point I'll post the process on how we do the covers, but for now this is about Dom.

Occassionally Dom sends me samples of what's he working on and I'm always blown away. Here's one he sent me a while back that I can't get enough of:

Dom's a hell of an artist. Check out his website at http://www.dominicbugatto.com/ and his blog at http://theleadsled.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment